What is SAP NetWeaver Portal
SAP NetWeaver Portal also known as Enterprise Portal (EP) is one of the component of NetWeaver architecture. The word Portal usually used for big websites with lot of information. Here also it’s same that SAP NetWeaver Portal provides a single point for complete information sources and enterprise applications for a user.
Using a web browser a user can start his work after his successful authentication to the portal. The user can view the information that’s applicable to his assigned role. Portal provides a single point of access to information, enterprise applications, and services both inside and outside an organization. The data from Portal helps to make your daily decision making processes.
NetWeaver Portal is tightly integrated with Collaboration and Knowledge management components of NetWeaver.
The major uses of SAP NetWeaver Portal are
- Quick and Effective integration of SAP Solutions
- Quick and Effective integration of Third party Applications
- Quick and Effective integration of Legacy Systems
- Quick and Effective integration of Databases
- Quick and Effective integration of Unstructured documents
- Quick and Effective integration of Web contents
- Quick and Effective integration of collaboration tools
The major features of SAP NetWeaver Portal (EP) are
- Secured Web Interface
- Collaboration (users can access and share information)
- Knowledge management ( Finding and Organizing unstructured documents from SAP content management systems and also from third party repositories using automatic classification tools)
- Web Dynpro (It also provides the platform for running Web Dynpro applications)
The main Portal authentication methods
- Authentication using user name and password
- Authentication using SAP Logon Tickets
- Authentication using x.509 certificates (via Secured connections using like SSL)
- What is SAP NetWeaver
- PI in SAP NetWeaver (Process Integration)
- BI in SAP (Business Intelligence)
- What is SAP?
- MDM in SAP NetWeaver (Master Data Management)